Barclays Life Skills
LifeSkills works with teachers, parents and businesses to help young people develop the skills and confidence they need in order to be successful in life after education. 82% of students rated LifeSkills resources as good or very good, and 85% agreed LifeSkills helped them feel better prepared to make future career decisions.
Students who are enrolled will benefit from:
- Build a job-hunting toolbox
- Find out how social media can supercharge a CV, get tips for creating strong covering letters and LinkedIn profiles, and practice interview techniques.
- Identify skills
- Interactive challenges help identify and develop personal skills – with useful advice on selling these skills to employers.
- Gain real life work experience
- Offered by businesses, organised by teachers and driven by young people – by working through LifeSkills online, they’ll unlock valuable work experience.
Meet with your personal tutor to discuss your aspirations to get involved as soon as you arrive to us in Y12. They will then ensure your name is put forward to join the Barclays Life Skills timetabled session that takes place every Wednesday afternoon. Each term students will have the chance to work collaboratively across the MAC with other students to enhance their team working skills and projects.