Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
The Learning Support Department provides high quality support to students with a range of special educational needs. The team supports teachers and the Pastoral Team to ensure all pupils overcome these difficulties thereby enabling them to achieve their potential.
The SENCo deploys a range of tools to assess students’ needs and uses the data to inform enhancement classes for either small groups or individuals. The department monitors and tracks the progress of all SEND students working closely with subject teachers and outside agencies. Parents play a central role in supporting the work of the Department and we welcome their involvement.
The SEND Team
- Mrs S Whitlock, SENCo
- Miss E Beaman, SENCo Support
- Mrs J Gardiner, Senior Progress Lead
- Mrs R Archer, Progress Lead
- Miss B Robinson, Progress Lead
- Mr M Palmieri, Progress Lead – Science and Maths
- Miss J Humby, Progress Lead – English
- Miss R MacPherson, Progress Lead - PE, HSC and ADT
The SEND team can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org