Our close involvement with the world of industry and our Independent, Level 6 qualified Careers Advisor enables us to support every student to achieve their potential; ensuring that upon leaving us, they are well prepared for the challenges of employment.
Our impartial advisor offers 1-2-1 guidance appointments to students in all year groups on Wednesdays and Thursdays throughout the school year. Students are invited for an appointment based on parent and staff referrals, but students are welcomed and encouraged to self-refer if they feel they require further individual support.
The purpose of these appointments is to deliver personalised guidance for everyone. The topics covered can range anything from post-16 options, to personal statement support or even exploring specific job profiles in greater detail. They should not promote any routes/choices over the other and give an unbiased viewpoint on job and further study prospects so that students feel more informed and confident in making their next steps.
All students have access to a fantastic online careers package, Unifrog. It brings all the available information into one single, impartial, user-friendly platform that helps students to make the best choices, and submit the strongest applications. This resource also empowers teachers and tutors to manage the progression process effectively. If students have any issues logging into this, they should speak to their form tutor.
Other Useful Websites:
- BBC Bitesize: Information on deciding what to study, planning a career or explanation of the world of work. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/careers
- Careers Box: Careers Films on the web https://www.careersbox.co.uk
- Milkround: Graduate Jobs, Scheme and Internships https://www.milkround.com
Success at School: Success at School is the place for young people to explore careers, get the lowdown on top employers, and search for the latest jobs, courses and advice. https://successatschool.org
- ICould: A website which is open to everyone which uses the power of personal stories to inform and inspire young people’s career choices https://icould.com
- STEM Careers: http://www.futuremorph.org
- National Careers Service: A government website that provides impartial advice and guidance to all members of the public including information on specific careers as well as personality quizzes. https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/