Our close involvement with the world of industry, alongside the delivery of a comprehensive careers education programme and our independent careers advice service, enables us to support every student to achieve their potential to ensure that when students leave, then they are well prepared for the challenges of their next steps.
The careers programme focuses on a theme for every year group extending from Year 8 up to Year 13.
Year 8 – Explore Work
Year 9 – Welcome to Work
Year 10 – Make it Work
Year 11 – Preparation for Progression
Year 12 – Experts at Work
Year 13 – Work Life
These themes also relate to the eight Gatsby Benchmarks which the Department for Education define as the framework for good careers provision in secondary schools. The strategy is a whole school approach to delivering careers guidance to all of our students throughout their journey in education.
- A stable careers programme with a careers leader
- Learning from careers and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking curriculum learning with careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experience of work places
- Encounters with higher education and further education
- Personal guidance
These benchmarks are met by delivering a range of activities from 1-1 guidance appointments, work experience, events, visiting speakers and through the curriculum.
SLT Careers Link: Mrs Paddock
Careers Leader: Mrs Threadgold
Careers Advisor: Mrs Beach
Careers Support: Miss Klatt