Admissions & Prospectus
Admissions into Year 12
In the autumn term, our pastoral team visit secondary schools within the local area to talk to the Year 11 students about their Sixth Form options and subjects. We then hold an Open Evening to prospective students and their parents to visit the school, talk to teachers and get a feel of what we have to offer. We also hold a Subject Taster Evening in the Spring term so that students can understand the syllabus and method of teaching in greater detail, together with being able to talk to colleges, universities, Duke of Edinburgh specialists etc so that they can fully grasp what St Augustine's Sixth Form has to offer.
The videos below will give you a distinct flavour of the essence and vibe of our Sixth Form and in the coming weeks, further videos will be added from Heads of Department outlining the subjects taught at A Level and BTEC. If you would like to find out more, read through the attachments below from Which? and the Head of Sixth Form which succinctly details which qualifications are more suitable to your career path.
View our school prospectus HERE.
Any questions about the sixth form? Ask HERE
Students can apply to the sixth form by clicking HERE. Please also see the attachment below for help in completing your application.
Sixth Form Application Programme
November 5th – Official Launch: introductory videos giving a flavour of the school:
- Positive student interaction with highly trained specialist staff leading to the school being ranked 13th in the country.
- Intimate size of the school – a focus on every single child to achieve their full potential.
- Our value led education is intertwined with world class enrichment opportunities developing the whole person.
PDFs (below) showing you:
- Entry requirements
- Support in completing your application
December: as students take their mock examinations, they will receive subject specific videos to aid their choices
January: early on in the Spring term, there will be:
- Taster evening – students can sit down with the specialist teacher and experience a short lesson and talk about what the two year syllabus comprises. External institutions are also present, including universities, colleges, employers etc. The date and format of this will be confirmed in the Spring Term.
- Further guidance from past students
February: application deadline is the February half-term. All applicants will receive a one to one interview to guide choices and confirm places. Early applicants will receive an earlier scheduled interview.
Useful links about UCAS: