To provide a contemporary and relevant geographical education of high quality for all students.
Key Stage 3 Geography
• The Restless Earth
• Extreme Environments
• Climate Change
• Human Hazards
• The National Curriculum Level for each student is determined by the outcome from each topic assessments run throughout the year.
• The assessments are either examination style questions or enquiry reports.
Skills developed and applied:
• Geographical Skills (map work, field sketching, field observation, graph);
• Enquiry Skills;
• Interpersonal Skills, especially Presentation and Communication Skills.
• Students will take part in fieldwork activities during the year.
Key Stage 4 Geography
GCSE Specification: AQA Geography A (9030)
- Changing Urban Environments
- Water on the Land
- The Living World
- The Restless Earth
- Population Change
Key Stage 5 Geography
A Level Specification: AQA Geography (2030)
Topics covered in Year 12 (AS Level):