HEADTEACHER KS5 WELCOME
Saint Augustine’s Catholic High School and Sixth Form Centre is a highly successful and dynamic school community; of which I am proud to be the Principal. Students receive a vibrant and full curriculum provided by educational specialists.
Alongside their academic studies, students also learn respect for the individual together with the collective responsibility for the good of all. We are proud that upon leaving us in Year 13, students have become full rounded individuals, who have reached their academic and personal potential with a strong sense of morality, reflection and spiritual embracement.
Our key to success:
- A distinctive Catholic ethos that supports deep personal faith but also welcomes diversity and difference in beliefs and culture.
- A dedicated teaching and support staff that monitor and challenge students to achieve their maximum potential.
- High academic achievement levels and expectations that provide our young people with the opportunity to go on the Russell Group of universities as well as providing legitimate pathways into training, apprenticeships and other further education outlets.
- A focus on student safety and well-being.
- A learning environment which is contemporary, well-equipped and resourced and regularly updated, as noted in our Ofsted inspection under the new demanding framework in 2017.
Mr A F Quinn, Executive Principal
A WARM WELCOME
As you come to the end of Year 11 and your GCSE courses, you will have some very important decisions to make. You will need to choose whether to continue in education or go into training or employment. If you do go into post 16 education we hope you will choose to continue your studies at St Augustine’s Sixth Form Centre, which has an outstanding reputation which attracts large numbers of pupils from the surrounding area. We aim to give the best sixth form experience possible and set high standards in terms of pupil conduct and effort and expect our pupils to be the best they can be in all areas.
The sixth form aims to build upon your academic excellence in Key Stages 4 and enable you to access their higher education and career ambitions. We therefore offer students a wide range of courses, from traditional A Levels to vocational and applied alternatives. All of these level 3 courses can lead to university entrance and as a result most of our sixth formers go on to continue their studies at many of the top universities across the country. Our guided pathways and growing links with employers ensure that upon leaving us you are well prepared for the challenges of employment.
However the focus is not only on academic progression as we strive to ensure that all aspects of your personal profile are rich and vibrant. We therefore offer lots of opportunities for getting involved in activities in and out of school, including sports, drama, music, art, community and charity work. We believe that our sixth form students play a fundamental role in building and sustaining our Catholic ethos as ambassadors of our school within the wider community.
Mrs C Paddock, Assistant Principal, Head of KS5